I'm Ashleyanne Krigbaum, and I make all kinds of radio happen. KALW 91.7FM is my home base, where I host the afternoon airwaves (including KALW's presentation of NPR’s All Things Considered). When I'm off-air, I'm most likely consulting folks on how to make their podcasts better, DJing a wicked dance party, or producing my own radio stories.
I am also:
- Working alongside music journalist Adrian Spinelli to produce the Noise Pop Podcast
- Editing and mixing interviews for the Salon Magazine audio series Salon Mix
- Bringing damn fine radio stories from podcasts and indie producers to terrestrial radio audiences as the host and sole curator/producer of KALW's weekly show, The Spot
- Producing audio tours with Antenna International for museums like SFMOMA and Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- The managing producer for the storytelling project and podcast Phonographic Memory, which is dedicated to sharing the relationships people have with records through monthly live events
I have been a producer and on-air DJ in the Bay Area public radio community for nine years. I also like to brag about the times I have worked with Pop-Up Magazine and NPR Music, and the podcasts The Heart, 99% Invisible, Reply All, Radiolab, Pilot, and Life of the Law. When a free moment flies my way, I've been known to write too many letters and sculpt beehives the good, ol' fashioned way.
SF Station: Noise Pop Reboots Podcast With New Host and Producer
SFGate: S.F.'s Noise Pop premieres new bi-monthly podcast showcasing new indie music
KQED Forum: "The New Age of Podcasts"
NPR's Northern Soul Radio
Interview with NPR's 'Here & Now'
Interview with KALW's 'Crosscurrents'
Interview with San Francisco's, The Bold Italic
Interview on Feministing.com
Record shopping with Wild About You